Why Use WordPress?
WordPress is a free platform launched a little over 12 years ago to help bloggers create content on a regular basis. The idea since expanded, but the platform itself maintains a few major advantages over other website builders.
These advantages are:
- 24% of all websites now use WordPress. 60% of all content management systems (CMS) are WordPress based. The reason for this is simple: it works.
- Over 30,000 plugins to help website admins alter their site for whatever purpose they need. Joomla, the second largest CMS has 9,000.
- Little to no coding knowledge needed to create a website with WordPress.
- Built-in blogging capabilities and enhanced search engine optimization tools.
- WordPress allows multiple users to run the website.