SEO Strategy Yields 121% Increase in Organic Search Traffic
CLIENT: Anonymous (enterprise ecommerce website)
INDUSTRY: Pet Food Manufacturing
SERVICES: Technical SEO / Website Management / Design
RESULTS: 121% traffic increase over 12 Months
GSC Clicks (28 Days): Start – 88k avg / Current – 195k avg
The company came to us with the question of how to increase organic search traffic and improve its ecommerce conversion rate. The clients primary competition included Wikipedia, other global pet food brands and online ecommerce portals. We engaged in a 12 month SEO strategy, website management and UX design. This three part process helped them overcome their competition, plus improve their overall digital footprint across all major search engines, not just Google.
SEO Mechanic researched and gathered data from Google Search Console, discussed site history, changes, and timelines with their development and marketing teams, and very quickly discovered a laundry list of areas to change.
After identifying priority areas, SEO Mechanic and the client were able to create a flexible process for how we could successfully execute these recommendations.
Our team worked to:
- Remove duplicate pages of content from the site
- Locate and remediate orphaned pages deeper in the site
- Create a set of internal standards for the 12 plus authors independently publishing content on the site
- Optimize internal navigation to improve the crawl-ability of the website
- Optimize over 2,000 images including Alt Text, URL structure and descriptions
- Identify and remove pages containing low quality content or outdated information
- Improved a laundry list of other foundational SEO elements that had been overlooked for a decade, turning the site into a fine tuned search engine ranking machine.
When analyzing a website we work by reviewing over 250 elements of the site to create a list of 15 issues that could be harming the performance of the site. We gather this information by leveraging enterprise level data, SEO tools and real world experience with search engine optimization.
Traffic was recovered after 3 months and increased 10% in month 4. Over the following 8 months the client saw an increase of 121% in organic search traffic.
Additionally, a website re-design was rolled out to increase ecommerce conversions, content structuring and user experience on desktop, mobile and tablets.
- 121% Traffic Increase
- 50% Revenue gains in ecommerce purchases